The G.G Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the Generation Geeks can come and discuss anything and everything!

Roleplay Rules - READ ME FIRST!

Aeries
    Aeries
    Admin

Roleplay Rules - READ ME FIRST! Empty Roleplay Rules - READ ME FIRST!

Post  Aeries Sun May 08, 2011 10:15 pm

I know, I know, rules suck. But every place has to have them, or it'd be absolute anarchy. We'd have people running around on their hands, wearing their underwear on their head, eating hamburgers upside down, and making otter noises. Entertaining, yes. But if we allowed it here, this place would be the General Discussion. Wink

So, here they are!

• Be literate. No one wants a roleplay partner who can’t be bothered with proper sentence structure.
    • You control your character, they control theirs. Unless permission has been given to ‘puppet’ a character for the sake of continuing the game in someone’s absence, don’t ever assume their reactions. Even when ‘puppeting’, keep any answers neutral.
    • Don’t be a Mary Sue. Characters with absolutely no depth are downright boring. Give your character some motivation, some personality, something that makes them interesting. Ideally, it should be a personality quirk, not something about them (Edward is a vampire… anything else? Nope.), so get creative!
    • Always post in third person when roleplaying. Nothing pulls attention more than views changing from ‘she’ to ‘I’. It’s just weird and awkward.
    • Keep it clean. We’re all guilty of having incredibly dirty minds here at Generation Geek, but keep your roleplays clean for the most part. We’re all in your corner and happy for you if you’re gettin’ some, but we’d rather not know the details. It's like walking in on your parents having sex. Not cool.
    • We’re also guilty of having filthy potty mouths, but we do ask that you keep your swearing in relation to your roleplay. Don’t string together anything too colorful if you don’t have to. Look at the cuss in question, and ask yourself if it’s really necessary before posting.
    • When posting out of character, please find some way to make it obvious that you are doing so.

If you see someone violating these rules, PM a mod or admin with a link to the posts in question and your reason for reporting them. If you yourself are violating these rules, you will be issued two warnings. After that, you will answer to Mjoln- wait, wrong hammer... our banhammer. Which doesn't have a name yet. But I bet it hurts all the same.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:01 pm